You Might Be a Chocoholic If ...
Are you a chocoholic? We had this crazy discussion about chocolate with my friends the other day and if I have the opportunity, would it be great if there's a 'chocolate club' here, that wouldn't happen unfortunately and I miss city chocolate so...so much! Godiva chocs my friend bought me from Burlington just make my day. Starting to miss the choc' buffet and the Chocolate Mall in Orlando, FL I always go to back home, that's so amazing!I crave for those recipes on Food Network whenever I see them doing something chocolatie.There's even the Chocolatier Magazine to satisfy the wild senses of all things chocolate and forget Dove's Recipes, ouch that's gotta make u drool. And if I can't get enough of chocolate, I'll make sure I visit The Field Museum's Chocolate Tour. After closing at The Field Museum, Chocolate has embarked on a nationwide tour, bringing the scientific and cultural story of this luscious treat to 10 communities throughout the United States.On September 16, 2006 – January 7, 2007, the Chocolate Exhibition is now on at the New York State Museum in Albany, NY. Definitely a must see...
For you vanilla fans, get outta here! And if you just don't know whether you fell in madly crazy in love with chocolate, ask yourself these questions to help find out.In definition, a chocoholic is a person who has or claims to have an addiction to chocolate, so you are chocophilic...
• If you have more than 2 secret stashes of chocolate candy, you might be a chocoholic. (Be honest.)
• If your top 3 favorite candies all have chocolate in them, you might be a chocoholic
• If you have more than 4 books at home on chocolate, you might be a chocoholic.
• If your favorite dessert is chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and chocolate ice-cream on the side, then you might be a chocoholic.
• If you name chocolate as one of the seven wonders of the world, you might be a chocoholic.
• If you bookmark more than 2 websites on the health benefits of chocolate, then you might be a chocoholic.
• If your favorite movie is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, you might be a chocoholic.
• If you own more than one chocolate-related T-Shirt, you might be a chocoholic. (If you actually wear that chocolate T-Shirt in public, just admit it. You are a chocoholic.)
• If you name your first-born child after your favorite chocolate candy - then you are a definite, full fledged chocoholic.
• If you are a chocoholic, there you may want to try one of two possible cures:
CURE #1: Chocolate Overdose
In several cases a chocolate overdose will effectively kill your chocolate bug for a period of time. At some point, too much chocolate in a given month will cure your addiction - for at least a week. Your personal chocolate overdose limit will depend on your level of addiction.
CURE #2: Chocolate Substitution
Chocolate substitution is another option, if the chocolate overdose doesn't work. It involves starving your chocolate bug by offering it wholesome candy substitutes. The concept is that your body will gradually forget its craving for chocolate.
If one of these cures doesn't work, well, at least you would enjoy the attempt . . .haha, don't go overboard with chocolate...
From your long time chocoholic...Mikey